BRIEF POSITION SUMMARY:
The EPMO Project Manager ll manages both traditional waterfall and agile scrum projects in support of corporate objectives. This includes all aspects of medium to large projects, from initiation to release. For waterfall projects, they will define scope, facilitate meetings, obtain resources and budget, develop project schedules, identify risks and develop mitigation plans, monitor and report performance, support implementation and transition deliverables to operational support. For Agile Scrum projects, they will organize and coach teams, groom backlogs with Product Owners, facilitate ceremonies (stand ups, demo’s, retrospectives), track and publish information radiators on sprints, remove impediments for the team, and coordinate releases. This person will be a key player in helping the organization transition to an Agile methodology.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Works directly with the business and IT teams to implement solutions to satisfy various business challenges and objectives.
· In-depth knowledge of the different methodologies and processes for managing projects and of common software development lifecycles, i.e., Waterfall, Agile.
· Works with functional owners to assign appropriate resources. Manages resources against estimates, skills and resource availability.
· Leads and manages multiple project teams and facilitates effective teamwork among them.
· Responsible for communication of project status to all stake holders on a regular basis, including the project team as well as to management.
· Authors internal communications.
· Assists in the development of presentations to executive audiences
· Offers a non-SME perspective and challenges the status quo to drive higher quality decision making.
· Ensures milestones are reached and deadlines are met throughout project lifecycle.
· Builds strong relationships with stakeholders, sponsors, users, and program owners.
· Takes responsibility for successful product delivery.
· Manages all aspects of medium to large cross functional IT projects including infrastructure and application development.
· Leads implementation and integration of cloud-based, Anything as a Service (XaaS) solutions.
· Facilitates build vs. buy analysis and software selection processes.
· Manages system integration projects.
· Manages proof of concept projects for new technologies.
· Acts as an internal consultant, advocate, mentor and change agent. Participates in change management process.
· Manages project staff both onsite and remotely.
· Maintains confidentiality of necessary information.
· Participates in development of new and existing EPMO methods and procedures.
· Maintains and follows all MSC and EPMO standards.
· Manages scope of work, recognizes changes in scope and works to control scope creep.
· Develops project plans including timelines and resource allocation and drives team to adhere to plan.
· Facilitates brainstorming and confirms that proposed solutions align with expectations.
· Works with team to obtain accurate estimates to proposed solutions.
· Ensures all established schedule, cost and quality objectives are met.
· Transitions project to operational steady state and functional ownership.
· If applicable, responsible for budget and invoice tracking.
· Manages the triple constraints of scope, budget and resources.
· Accountable for identifying, quantifying and tracking project risks, and facilitate the development of risk mitigation plans.
· Identifies and manages inter-dependencies among projects and programs.
· Responsible for developing, maintaining and obtaining approvals of project documents such as the Charter, Project Plan, Change Request and Lessons Learned, etc.
· Provides hands-on project implementation assistance including troubleshooting and resolving process problems.
· Drives quality control on all implementations while meeting customer expectations.
· Advocates for the project sponsor, representing their goals and exerting a positive influence on the team.
· Guides, coaches and motivates the team with the goal of increasing productivity.
· Facilitates daily stand-up meetings, demo’s and retrospectives to ensure efficient execution of the team’s activities.
· Facilitates the scrum process with the coordination of scrum team.
· Removes impediments for the scrum team, develop solutions and monitors project progress.
· Facilitates decision-making processes to ensure quick inspection and proper use of adaptation process.
· Helps product owner to build the product backlogs, groom them and prioritize them for the next sprint.
· Coaches Product Owner and stakeholders in writing proper user stories.
· Organizes and facilitate the sprint planning meeting.
· Acts as a safeguard for the team.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Project Management, Computer Science, Business Administration, Engineering or other related field, or the equivalent experience is required. Master’s Degree preferred.
· PMP certification required.
· Scrum Master certification, or equivalent preferred.
· Minimum of five years’ experience in project management and scrum, demonstrating growth in capabilities and responsibilities, required.
· Experience working in a Project Management Office (PMO) preferred.
· Experience working with a Project Portfolio Management (PPM) Tool preferred.
· Experience leading mid to large scale projects required. Experience managing programs preferred.
· Experience working with geographically dispersed teams preferred.
· Knowledge of common project lifecycles preferred.
· Experience implementing projects with technical components required.
· Experience implementing and integrating cloud based, (XaaS – Anything as a Service) a plus.
· Experience with systems integration a plus.
· Experience with SAP ERP a plus.
· Experience with Organizational Change Management (Prosci, Kotter or Conner methodology) a plus.
· Experience with business acquisition integration a plus.
PERFORMANCE BONUS Available.
· Leadership, interpersonal, negotiation and team building skills required.
· Ability to manage multiple projects and inter-dependencies simultaneously. Assumes responsibility for achieving project objectives.
· Ability to think and plan strategically but drive tactical execution.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
· Ability to communicate to all levels of the organization.
· Highly organized with excellent time management skills required.
· Ability to delegate demonstrating strong follow up skills required.
· Strong understanding of Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Power Point, Word, Excel) required. (Office 365 preferred)
· Ability to create a Work Breakdown Structure, identify dependencies and constraints, and generate a critical path.
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft Project or similar tools and formal project management principles required.
· Ability to identify risks and develop mitigation plans, document issues and develop resolution plans, capture decisions and develop escalation plans.
· Solid understanding of IT industry.
· Ability to manage complex technology implementations.
· Knowledge of agile methodology and frameworks like Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc.
· Knowledge about Agile techniques like: user stories, continuous integration, ATDD, TDD, continuous testing, automated testing, backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, etc.
· Ability to forecast the number of deliverables possible in an iteration, through various agile forecasting and estimating techniques, and based on evidence of reliable estimations.
· Knowledge of Agile tools to manage backlogs and Kanban boards.
· Supports project milestones (i.e., go-live, releases, etc.) off-hours as appropriate.
· A valid driver’s license and the ability to travel up to 10% of the time may be required.